First opening its doors in 1969 as a ministry of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, the preschool offers a traditional half-day preschool program for children ages 2-5 years. Classes meet 2, 3 or 5 days per week, depending on the age of the children.
We also offer a 1-morning per week Parent/Toddler program.
St. Stephen’s welcomes all children regardless of religion, race, national origin, ancestry or family configuration. Basic Judeo-Christian values of love, acceptance, and inclusiveness are lived out by everyone at the preschool.
Our staff members are trained in the field of Early Childhood Education. The longevity of our staff provides continuity from year to year as we offer a nurturing environment where children can grow and flourish.
WHAT IS A HIGH QUALITY PROGRAM?
The high-quality early childhood program at St. Stephen’s Preschool provides a safe and nurturing environment where the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of young children is promoted.
While at St. Stephen’s children and their families will experience:
- frequent, positive, warm interactions among teachers and children
- planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, dress-up, painting, reading stories, play-dough and active outdoor play
- specially trained staff
- ongoing professional development for the staff
- enough adults to respond to individual children
- a variety of age appropriate materials
- respect for diversity
- a healthy, safe, inclusive environment
- regular two-way communication between teachers and parents
- effective administration
- ongoing, systematic evaluation of the program and individual children
St. Stephen’s Preschool has earned accreditation from the Diocese of Los Angeles as well as praise from teachers in the local elementary schools. St. Stephen’s Preschool is a member of the Santa Clarita Valley Faith-based Preschool Fellowship, The Diocesan Commission on Schools and the National Association of Episcopal Schools.